What an amazing start into the year 2017: our blog has been nominated for the Liebster Award, which is an online recognition given to new and upcoming bloggers. It is a way to be discovered and to connect and support the blogging community. And it is also a very nice way to welcome bloggers to the ever growing ‘blogosphere’.
Thank you so much, Gokul Raj from Plan. Save. Travel. for nominating us. Gokul is a fun young solo traveler and blogger from India whose credo we like a lot: “Time to get high on life”. 🙂 Check out his blog for some inspiration.
The rules for the award is as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their site on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Answer their 10 questions about yourself.
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers for the award and inform them via social media.
- Create your own set of questions for your nominees.
- Enjoy winning an award and pass this great feeling onto someone else!
So here are our answers to the questions from Gokul:
What is your favorite Travel Quote?
There are many inspiring quotes, one of the favorites is probably “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Anonymous
Another very true one: “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
Which camera do you use for your travel photos?
Most of the time we capture the world with a Canon 70D, sometimes an HTC mini2 mobile phone, and under water a GoPro (although more for videos)
Which is that one country/city you would never want to visit again and why?
Never say never, but Singapore could be one where we don’t have to return to. It was pretty much a culture shock after spending 3 months in Southeast Asia, and it is also quite expensive. It was interesting, we have seen it once – that is probably enough.
What traveler type are you – solo/couple/family?
It is the 2 of us: we are couple travelers. 🙂 And it makes a lot of fun sharing the experience.
If you are ever exiled from your own country, which country would you approach to seek asylum?
This one is difficult. We are looking at the moment for the perfect spot – have not found it yet. But as we are heading to South America in a couple of weeks we probably find it somewhere over there…
What is your favorite sport?
This one is easy: diving. No matter how many times you dip beneath the water, it never gets boring. Each dive is a different experience into another world. And weightlessness is such a fantastic feeling!!!
What is the weirdest food you have eaten till date?
Well, we like to taste the local food – even street food, but without going into extremes. We always admire the exotic stuff (like scorpions and other bugs), but then don’t dare… 😀 Maybe one day.
Who/What inspired you to travel?
Both of us have been traveling since we can remember. Our parents are also big globetrotters and used all opportunities in their lives to travel and explore new locations. So it is probably in the family/families.
What attracts you more – beaches or mountains?
If we have to choose: beaches. But only if we have to choose.
And the most important question, How to find a needle in a haystack?
…with a magnet…?! (or a lot of time and patience – which we sometimes don’t have)
And our nominations for the Liebster awards are:
And here are our questions:
- What is your favorite off-the-beaten-path destination?
- What do you miss most from home when you are on the road?
- How and why did you start your blog?
- If you could earn money with anything, what would it be?
- What does a perfect travel day look like for you?
- Postcard or e-mail?
- What is your favorite social media and why?
- What’s your funniest story from your travels?
- What’s the craziest thing on your bucket list you want to do ?
- What do you collect on your trips?
+1 What annoys you the most about your fellow citizens when you encounter them abroad?